RE: Low fuel lights

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Mon Feb 26 1996 - 17:58:00 EST

<chomp>
>does anyone have a '96 which has a low fuel light? Maybe mine is just
>inoperative...

I, too have a '96 V8 Club Cab... no low fuel light here, either... unless
they're ALL inoperative... Another thing that I thought was an oversight,
with the courtesy light package, you get the overhead light, the passenger
footwell light, and the ignition key light, glove box light, ashtray light
and maybe one other which I've forgotten, but no drivers side footwell
light!! How much extra work or wiring would that have taken CC to add...
Geez...<whine> Even my bare bones brand G pickup (less than half the cost
of my Dakota) had *dual* footwell lights... (not trying to start a brand
war here, I LOVE my dakota, wouldn't trade back for anything!!)

> If not, can anyone think of a reason why Dodge would can the low fuel
>light? Did the shape of the tank change, or something? FYI, I have
>a V8 Club Cab with the 22 gallon tank.

I have the 22 gallon tank as well, and the only reason I can think of is
that they replaced it with some other type of indicator... has the low
washer fluid indicator been there for more than just this past year?? If I
had my druthers, I'd sure rather have a low fuel light over the low washer
fluid light, although the washer fluid light can be convenient (or
annoying).... just my $0.02.

Ciao!

         Network Administrator | _ _ _ _ _ _
       Rockville General Hospital | |_` |_` _ |_| |_| |_ |_| |_`
       (nvogler@rghosp.chime.org) | ,_| | | | |_ |\ ,_|
  '96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab |
  '84 Nighthawk 650 '85 Honda XR-350R | ----------------------------