RE: 4x4 Axle Disconnect Question

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Wed Mar 06 1996 - 07:32:05 EST

Thanks, for the input!
I saw my friend that I purchased the truck from last night and asked him about
the two times the light stayed on while he had it and did he know off hand if
the switch that was replaced was the light switch or the vacumn switch on the
transfer case. He indicated that it was the vacumn switch and described how the
ball plunger stuck in (same senario that Chris Siano described).

I have done a quick check with my wife moving the ransfer case in and out of 4wd
and I do not seem to have any vacumn at the lines on the disconnect solinoid. I
could not see/trace the vacumn lines easily at the time.

My first order of business this Saturday is to make sure there is not a vacumn
line problem, then check the vacumn switch and then move to the axle.

Dave Clement