RE: New radio blows weird fuse.

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Thu Mar 07 1996 - 08:05:01 EST

From: CSiano@banyan.com@INTERNET on Thu, Mar 7, 1996 7:59 AM

>>Actually, I have a 92 and it too has the 'black box' in the engine
>>bay..Much more convenient than tracing for fusible links!!

>Oh that's good! I forget exactly where I read that it was in '94 they did
>that. Does anyone know? Do the earlier than '94 models have NO fusable
>links? If anyone knows any of these type of answers, please send me what
>you know. The only electrical info I have is the factory wiring diagram
>for the '94. I'd love to add an electrical section to the FAQ.

Chris,
I have a Chiltons book that covers 89-92 Dodge Trucks. There is a section that
has taken the FSM wiring diagrams reduced and printed 4-up to a page. It has all
of the FSM wiring diagrams for the years covered seperated by model (Dakota,
Full Size and SUV) and year. The book is not as comprehensive as the FSM but
well worth the $12.95 asking price. I ran across mine in a $1.00 book store and
got it for a buck.

Dave Clement