RE: FS: 89 Shelby Dakota (fwd)

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Mon Apr 01 1996 - 16:23:16 EST

From: wgcount@husc.HARVARD.EDU@INTERNET on Mon, Apr 1, 1996 3:09 PM

>I got this off the Mopar Mailing list. Send questions to the owner.

>Bill Countie

>> I spotted a red shelby dakota for sale this weekend (by an individual).
>>Here are the details if anyone is interested.

>>Pb, cruise, AC, AM/FM cassette, #887/1500 (1500 according to a Car Craft
>>article I have), 44k miles, insane price of $10k.

>>He's overpriced by about $2500 based on last years NADA book that I've got.
>>It sounds like he just got it not long ago and figured out he can't afford
>>it. He wants to sell it quick (supposedly, but the price doesn't indicate
>>it). If you're interested, give him a call at (970) 204-1902. Its in
>>Fort Collins, CO about 1 hr north of Denver. I'll take a better look at it
>>if anyone is interested. I've already seen it at night in a parking lot, and
>>it was a little dirty, but otherwise it looked nice.

>>FWIW, according to the car craft article, its a FI 318 (175hp), 4sp overdrive
>>auto. 1/4 mile times are 16.53@84.3mph. They only came in white and red.

FWIW, it's a unique vehicle but it's nothing I would pay a premium for.
According to Edmunds Web page on used car/truck prices it's worth $5425
wholesale and $7250 retail with a $920 add for low mileage. Being a private
party sale I would be looking closer to the wholesale price than the retail
value.

Being that the V8 in this truck has the same power as the V6 magnum and does not
have the MP computer available I would not look at this truck as a performance
project.

Dave Clement