RE: 89 4x4

From: DR. Rosenpenis (jstamour@av8r.dwc.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 08 1996 - 19:47:49 EDT

> >>Is your idle rpm at specification? this occurance is common when the engine is
> >>idling to fast.
>
> >What should it be around? I don't have a tach.. But I never noticed and
> >abnormal Idle.. Plus doesn't the computer take of the idle speed?
>
> It's around 800rpm but check on the emmissions label under the hood. Yes the
> computer does control idle speed but that does not mean something may not be
> amiss. Get a tach and check the idle, also, check for trouble codes from the
> computer, you should only get 55.

That Makes me think.. I have headers and the whole emissions system is
gone.. Could any of those vacuum hoses have to do with idle speed..

BTW: If Your truck motor is in good working order and you keep it clean,
You(depending on the state) will probably not have a problem with passing
emissions without a Cat. Al You need to do is make sure your motor is
burning all the gas that goes in.

/* jstamour@av8r.dwc.edu */
/* just a little comment */