RE: FS: 89 Shelby Dakota (fwd)

From: Bill Countie (wgcount@husc.HARVARD.EDU)
Date: Mon Apr 01 1996 - 17:09:23 EST

On 1 Apr 1996 Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com wrote:

> FWIW, it's a unique vehicle but it's nothing I would pay a premium for.
> According to Edmunds Web page on used car/truck prices it's worth $5425
> wholesale and $7250 retail with a $920 add for low mileage. Being a private
> party sale I would be looking closer to the wholesale price than the retail
> value.
>
> Being that the V8 in this truck has the same power as the V6 magnum and does not
> have the MP computer available I would not look at this truck as a performance
> project.
I agree. The only thing about this truck that makes it worth something
(but not what he's asking) is the rareity of the model and the overall
style. I happen to like the looks of the Shelby but I like the
convertable better. My Dakota runs well enough and isn't flashy. Flashy
gets one noticed, good and bad.

> Dave Clement

1994 Dakota 5.2l 5 speed (R/T in progress)
Bill Countie
e-mail wgcount@husc7.harvard.edu