RE: Performance - Computers and Exhaust

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Thu May 09 1996 - 08:27:53 EDT

From: meljr@connet80.com@INTERNET on Wed, May 8, 1996 9:50 PM

>>On Wed, 8 May 1996, JT McBride wrote:
>> So does the MP computer learn all your 'good' habits too?

>Yes, and rather quickly. I happened to overhear a Dakota racer at last
>year's NHRA Division 6 finals tell a co-driver to sit in the water box
>and run the revs up to 5,500 through three full throttle gear changes to
>sync the computer (like me they race their Dodge tow rig in the Sportsman
>class as well as another Mopar in Pro).

I do not know if it will work on a CC product but my wife's Ford would develop
an off idle flat spot over time. The local Ford service manager told me to
disconnect the throttle position sensor while the car was running and this would
clear the memory and put the car in limp home mode. After stopping the engine
and reconnecting the throttle position sensor the flat spot would be gone. I
have been doing this at the first sign of the flat spot (every couple or 3
months) since and it has worked every time.

Dave Clement
89 4x4