Re: Surface Rust Update

From: Sam (sam_p@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Jun 20 1996 - 11:34:43 EDT

You wrote:

>Hi all -
*snip*
>three new wheels for me (also under warranty). He didn't specifically say
>whether or not there was a TSB out on the chrome wheels (I know there was
>one for the 1994's), but any of you folks who are experiencing rust problems
>with your wheels or other chrome parts, GET IT DOCUMENTED. I figure if this
>continues to happen, maybe CC will come down a little harder on the company
>that actually makes these parts and we'll all end up better off. At least
>I've got written evidence of a problem that has started after only 7 months
>and 9k miles. Good luck.

    That's good to know... My truck is a '95 and I haven't had any
problems...Mainly because my truck is averaging 5' every second, 24hrs a day, 365
days a year...Even while parked... Sounds scary, but that's what 30000 miles a
year does to your truck... The wheels are spinning so much that I don't think
rust could accumlate on them!! ;)

    Sam '95 SLT "Hey! Where's my truck?!?!"