Information on circa '88 dakota's

From: mike (mikel@superior.net)
Date: Sat Jun 22 1996 - 18:56:12 EDT

Hi,

I am new to the list and as of yet don't in fact own a dakota.
I am thinking of buying a small or midsize truck to do light occasional
chores and pull general duty as second car.
I have been looking a little at early model dakotas as I don't want to
spend more than around $4 - $5k.
Any info on potential trouble spots to look for or options that are
desirable would be great.
I am interested in the v6. I know it's derived from the venerable 318
and was wondering about it's longevity. The ones I see for sale all
have going on 100K or more miles.
Also longevity of the 4x4 system is another question.
Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for sharing your experiences,
Mike