Re: Foul Smell - A/C Problem?

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 1996 - 09:40:48 EDT

FWIW, I try to avoid the growth of mold and crap on the
A/C evaporator by turning the A/C off and running the fan
for a minute or two before hitting my destination. This has
worked so far on both the Dakota and my wife's '91 Nissan.

  Has anybody had problems with the condensate drain tube
plugging up in their Dakota? I suspect this to be the case
in our '95. There just isn't that much water draining out,
and I can sometimes hear water sloshing around.

  How can this be cleaned, short of taking the HVAC plenum
out? I shoved a coat hanger up the drain tube, and it seemed
clear.

  Ron