Re: Foul Smell - A/C Problem?

From: Jane V Elliott (elliott@cyberspace.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 1996 - 22:49:51 EDT

I don't know how difficult it is to remove and replace the rubber valve on
the firewall, but you might try to remove it and flush the plenum out with
water from the garden hose.

Maybe the reason I haven't noticed this problem is that the AC in my
Dakota very seldom gets run by itself. The AC runs for awhile on defrost
then the fan goes on in vent or heat. Never experienced a foul odor from
the AC unless going through someplace that smells bad.

Larry Elliott, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd, LE