Re: 88 Dakota, 2.2 L, Need Holley 6520 Carb

From: Chris M. Smith (chris@maroon.us.dell.com)
Date: Fri Aug 23 1996 - 11:10:26 EDT

I've had some experience with an old Omni carb. The carb. body wears
where the throttle shafts go in, causing bad leaks. This is why
rebuilds are not usually successful. As I recall the Omni carb is
fairly expensive also. Maybe a low-mileage junk-yard carb would be OK.
I'd try the do-it yourself rebuild first. It's probably worth a ~$20
carb kit to find out. Is there a universal new carb available? Maybe a
local speed shop should be your next stop.

-Chris