an introduction...

From: Paul Stoehr (pstair@peaka.net)
Date: Sun Aug 25 1996 - 02:20:03 EDT

Hi all,
I've been reading the Dakota mailing list for some time now and
thought I'd better hop on and introduce myself.
I live in Colorado near the beautiful Rocky Mountains and currently
own and drive a '92 Dakota with the magnum V6 and 5 speed. While the
truck hasn't been without some problems (distributor, faulty oil and
fuel senders), it performs very well in the back country while finding
new hunting, fishing, and camping spots. Best of all, it's now paid
for!
The truck currently has 45,000 miles on it and is outfitted with a
K&N air filter, Slick 50, new tires, and a plastic topper. Otherwise,
it's pretty much stock. I'm curious about the pros and cons of these
aftermarket oil additives. Do they really do all the manufacturers
claim they do or is it hype? I didn't see much improvement in gas
mileage after adding the Slick 50, but the temperature gauge did drop
some. Less friction, less heat?
Anyway, enjoy reading all the material posted. Very informative and
entertaining!
                                Paul
p.s. Just finished a 6 year restoration of a 1941 Chevrolet Special
Deluxe 4 door sedan. No, it's not Mopar, but it is a beautiful
old automobile!