Re: Hello Dakota Folks

From: Dave Hornback (hornback@qualcomm.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 1996 - 09:51:39 EDT

If most of your driving is on pavement I'd go for the ABS on all four
wheels. Insurance companies now offer a discount for ABS but only if the
vehicle has 4 wheel ABS.

The maximum braking is produced when the tires begin to skid about 20% but
never lock up. I tested mine on a wet slick road just to see what it feels
like. Yes, it did feel strange when it started to pulsate but it stopped
quickly and never felt out of control.

I don't know how they will hold up under constant offroad use. None of the
vehicles in the Baja 500 this year had ABS.......

Dave