RE: Help!

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Tue Sep 17 1996 - 20:30:16 EDT

Paul Schelling writes:
>So a few months ago, my '93 3.9l 5spd starts running just a hair rough when
>one), she stalled on me at every stop on the way from and to work.
>indicator idiot light - IN FIFTH GEAR!

Your Vehicle Speed Sensor input is invalid. This means either the sensor
( on the speedometer drive cable, where it connects to the transmission )
itself is worn out, the wires or connectors between it and the computer
are broken, or given the weather connection, water is getting into one
of those connectors.

I had similar experience when the wiring harness was left to flop onto the
front driveshaft, which wore through the wires. No cruise control!?!?!

Chrysler seems to have designed the sensor to fail at about 100K miles --
mine would still work, but I took it apart, and there's a teflon washer that
was all but gone. Good way to get it back for more work. Hee Hee!

Jim
"There is already a ban on ALL CRIME. It is not working." - Thomas Sowell

Gun control: The theory that Black people will be better off
             when only Mark Fuhrman has a gun. -- from Usenet