Re: Introduction & questions

From: Stephen Pchajek (swpc@gwl.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 19 1996 - 10:03:45 EDT

At 18:16 1996-09-18 -0400, you wrote:
>>31.5 Tires
>>will rub on the body without a lift. Does anybody have any
>>other experience with this?
>
>Yes, the 31.5 Tires will rub on the body without a lift
>
>Bryan Harper
>
>93 LE 4X4 5.2 Auto Ext. Cab

I installed 31 x 10.5's on my Dakota's stock rims. My tire dealer was sure
that they'd fit and said he'd switch them to 30 X 9.5's free of charge if I
had any problems (I've been dealing with this tire shop since 1979). They
don't rub at all, BUT, when I measured them they were closer to 30 than 31
inches in diameter. They are over 10 inches wide and mess up the side of
the truck quite nicely on wet roads off the pavement. I don't do very much
off roading other than playing in the snow at the local ski hill or out at
my parents farm but I do travel many dirt or gravel roads.

Netiquette note: Please cut out the irrelevant portions of messages you're
replying to (especially the large signatures) and remember to reply to the
whole list.

Stephen W. Pchajek (Steve)
1993 Dodge Dakota Sport
(black, clubcab, V8, AT, 4x4, 3.90, ABS)
bedliner, cap, Command-Start & Alarm, 31x10.5