Introduction & questions

From: Jason B. Bleazard (jmbleazard@xactware.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 1996 - 15:27:29 EDT

I am new to the list, and thought I might take a minute to say
hello and ask a couple of silly questions.

I just purchased a white 1995 Dakota Sport 4x4 5-speed
regular cab short bed with the 3.9L six over Labor Day
weekend. So far I love it. I do have a couple of questions.
My apologies if these are in a FAQ somewhere, but I haven't
been able to locate such a beast.

From what I read on the web site, it sounds like 31x10.5 tires
will rub on the body without a lift. Does anybody have any
other experience with this? My truck has the stock
235/75R15 Wranglers, and I was thinking of getting slightly
taller tires, but I don't really have the funds to put into a lift kit.
Are there any other options?

How can I tell what axle ratio the truck has? I'm trying to
figure out what the towing limit is, and the chart I have
depends on this ratio.

Thanks,
  -- Jason Bleazard
     drazaelb@xmission.com
     (that's not what the header says, but it is my preferred
address)