Re: Flames? (gas guage)

From: Paul Stoehr (pstair@peaka.net)
Date: Sat Nov 02 1996 - 03:54:50 EST

Jon,
My '92 Dakota has the 22 gallon tank, as well. I have never been able
to get more than 16 to 17 gallons in it, even when the gas gauge shows
empty and the idiot light comes on. I believe I asked the dealer
about this soon after purchasing the truck. I think the explanation
was even though the actual capacity of the tank is 22 gallons, the
design doesn't allow that much gas to go in. Does that make sense?
I never worry about, though. With the cost of petrol being what it is,
I don't have to take out a loan to fill the tank...yet!
                                Paul