dakota front brakes -Reply

From: KEVIN DUNCAN (KEVIN.DUNCAN@mail.mei.com)
Date: Tue Nov 05 1996 - 09:36:28 EST

I ran into a similar problem with my '94 Dakota V6 clubcab. The warped
rotor for mine was covered under warranty (seems the warped rotors
are a known defect...at least for the 94s). The dealer replaced the front
rotor, but gave me a song 'n dance about it not being covered unless they
also replace the brake pads with "genuine Chrysler" pads (at $60 each!). I
even told them to just give me the rotor and I would replace the pads
myself, but nothing doing.

I was also told to come in "regularly" so they can remove the "brake
dust." The service guy said it was a regular maintenance item, and that
my warranty "could be voided" IF I DiDN"T!

(Puh-LEESE)!

Kevin Duncan
94 Dakota V6 Clubcab

>>> <udfp57a@prodigy.com> 11/04/96 03:45pm >>>

first post, so please bear with me. have checked faq but doesn't really
answer my problem. have a 93 2wd,318 ci, and extended cab. also have
warped rotors and worn pads. at 27000 miles. seems like too soon to
need a brake job, but thats what's diagnosed. been quoted $180 +/- by
dealer, which seems high. any thoughts or advice? supposed to include
chrysler parts and some new brake pad. any experience out there similar
to mine. TIA.

merrell wasson
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek
and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message
was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon-
(stei0302)