Re: 4x4 necessity -Reply

From: Brent Cring (CringB@smtp.nvg.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 1996 - 16:01:17 EST

--------snip--------

    Do you know anything about the 5 speed for the Dakota..

    Is it a NVG-2500???

    Thanks,

        ..Sam '95 SLT
-------------------------

I believe the 5 speed in the Dakotas is the NV 3500. Sorry to say I know
very little about this product, as I work in a transfer case product
engineering group in Syracuse, New York. The manual transmission are
designed and built in our Munice, Indiana Plant. Happy to help with any
transfer case releated questions.

Brent Cring
NVG engineer
91 v-8 4x4 auto

P.S. - I am working the answer to the question about the fixed yoke
conversion. I did some work with a 4wd aftermarket house last year
and that is one of the products they made and sold. I just need to dig the
file out to get the name and address.