Re: Rear suspension...

From: Sam (sam_p@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 1996 - 12:41:19 EST

the KYB gas charged units. My first impression, with my DR350s bike
on the class III hitch... GREAT! The truck doesn't 'buck' while
jamming down the freeway like it did before I put the KYB's on.
Without the bike... I have a firm ride, but not harsh. The truck also
handles the curves a bit better, without the wallowing / dipping from
before.

    I also have found an air bag kit for the Dakota. At $189.00, they
are SLIGHTLY more than typical air shocks. The bags mount between the
axle and frame rails, and help the rear springs stiffen up. You air
them up with a common air hose, or with an added kit -- Do in cab air
up/down (pretty cool). They are made by Air Lift. I'll be putting
these on my truck in 2-3 weeks if things work out. I'll do a review
when/if that happens.

    ...Sam '95 SLT