Re: New problem: Lack of Power

From: Sam (sam_p@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 1996 - 18:43:43 EST

You wrote:
*snip*

>Was the Air Conditioning On? Or defroster.. And did you say it was a 6
>or an 8?

    Nope, no AC...it's a V8, and you can BARELY feel the compressor come on with the
AC/defrost. It is DEFINATELY an iginition problem (either due to lack of spark, or lack
of fuel) The truck feels like someone pulled a couple of plug wire out when it happens.

>> I have ALWAYS run 92 octane, either Shell or Texaco gas.
>
>Wasting your money.. It would be great if these motors weren't
>computerize. Or if these motors made more than 9:1 compression

    Well, if you have a MP SBEC, you MUST run 92 octane. I probably should have stated
that... The truck has the R/T setup (except for CAM and Headers)... Though the
headers are a near future addition!

    ...Sam '95 SLT (changing the plug wires first ) Dakota :)