Re: Overdrive Lockout

From: Gary Gellert (ggellert@okjunc.junction.net)
Date: Mon Nov 11 1996 - 22:12:00 EST

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, JT McBride wrote:

> Norah says:
> all four speeds (OD too) are enabled; only when you engage the lockout
> are you limited to 3spd. In my experience, the OD is quite a smooth upshift,
> and hardly a problem around town.
>
> In short, on the '93 OD was automatically on and you have to turn it off.
>
> Is this different for '92 and earlier (possibly including a mid-year
> changeover in '93) or different in Canada?

I've had both a 89, and currently drive a 92 Dakota. Both have had the
4sp auto, and both have been set up so that the OD is on, unless you lock
it out with the pushbutton. I've never heard of a Dakota with the option
the other way around.

So to answer you're question, up here in Canada, things are the same.