Re: Fuel Filter: (Was Re: New problem: Lack of Power)

From: Chris Smith (chris@maroon.us.dell.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 1996 - 22:56:40 EST

> I have been meaning to do this for a while now, and noticed that on the
> package of the filter that pressure must be released from the system before
> you do this to prevent "bodily injury". How is this doon, and are there
> any other precautions I should take?

I'm sure the factory service manual gives the appropriate proceedure.
Anybody out there have one? I used an old towel and slowly unscrewed
the fitting. Bodily injury comes from laying in a pool of gas after it
squirts everywhere. Be prepared.

-Chris

BTW, the mopar@tough.com is an alias to my email address, I'm not
affiliated with Dodge or Mopar, just really dig their products. There's
a net service (part of the 411 internet phonebook service) giving away
free permanent alias addresses. This is what I came up with.