Re: Overdrive Lockout

From: Norah Kiraly (kiralyn@tor.hookup.net)
Date: Tue Nov 12 1996 - 11:29:58 EST

At 08:55 AM 11/12/96 -0600, you wrote:
>At 10:56 PM 1996-11-11 -0500, you wrote:
>

>That's not how my 1993 Dakota (Winnipeg, Canada) works.
>
>>Owner's manual recommends turning OD off if you're doing city driving
>
>There's a clue... wouldn't they say "leave OD off" instead of "turn OD off"
>if the default was as you describe?
>
>>60km/hr
>
>* .6209 = 37.254 mph
>Stephen W. Pchajek (Steve)
>1993 Dodge Dakota Sport
>(black, clubcab, V8, AT, 4x4, 3.90, ABS)
>bedliner, cap, Command-Start & Alarm, 31x10.5

Yes, you are correct. But my quote was from the '95 owners manual not the
'93. I don't have my '93 manual. Went to the lucky guy who bought my troubles.

Let my clarify it again -- the '93 OD button clearly said "ON" while
                         -- my '95 OD button clearly says "OFF".

I hope to God I know the difference between ON and OFF or my employer would
have to throw me out of the Computer Room. Trust me, I was baffled along
with many of my other MALE friends at the time, one of whom modifies truck
for a living and has driven both trucks and seen it with his own eyes too!!
I've got a call in to Chrysler Canada to finally find out and then I'll let
you guys know. May take a few days, as we all know how long it takes any
manufacturer to get back to someone. But I now HAVE A MISSION.

Thanks,
Norah