Re: Rustproofing...

From: Mark Jones (mjones@ngl.ca)
Date: Mon Nov 25 1996 - 15:29:15 EST

I would inquire at the dealer if having it rust proof voids the
manufactures warranty. This is or use to be true with some manufactures.
Also, the new Dakota uses a lot of galvanized sheet metal does it not,
which is a great rust proofer. Why do you think Volvos last an average of
18 yrs?

Personally I have never had it done and my car is 7 years old and rust
free, although I take the time ever spring and fall to go over the car and
truck and fix little paint chips, etc. before they become a problem. In
New Brunswick, we get snow and freezing rain and the salt and sand season
can start in October and go into April, weather permitting.

Mark Jones
94 V6 4x4 ClubCab SLT