Re: Front end loose, rattles

From: Sam (sam_p@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Nov 26 1996 - 15:22:57 EST

You wrote:

>Well Ken, I have been fighting this for quite some time. I have a 94 and
>started having the same type of problem starting at 30,000 or so. The
>first couple of trips got me "can't recreate the problem". I even road
>with the so called "front end man" and he said he could'nt feel it
*snip*
..
>time of sale) would pay for the lower steering linkage $263.00, but that
>they would not cover the steering column $650.00. Needless to say I was
>a bit upset with this news so I called the warranty service to raise
>hell. They told me that if it was not specifically listed in the
>contract, therefore would not be covered. They have not heard the last
>of this for sure. I will never buy an extended warranty again.
>I am going to try and get the dealer to cough up the $650.00, since they
>told me when I bought the extended warranty that it was bumper to bumper
>coverage for up to 80,000 miles. I let you know what happens. I wish
>you luck....

    If you brought the truck in to the dealer, and the problem wasn't found, but
the visit was documented, you have a case with Dodge. If you came to the dealer
between 3yr/36000 miles, it would be covered by your bumper-bumper factory
warranty.

    Secondly, I read somewhere that there's a recall on 91-94 steering columns...

    ...Sam '95 SLT