Rattling noise in 96 reg cab sport 4x4

From: Sean Ryan (sryan1@ic3.ithaca.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 07 1996 - 20:10:23 EST

When driving highwy speeds (65 or 70 and higher) I notice a load rattling
coming from the front drivers side door. The sound actually comes from
the frame between the door and the windshield.
I'm not very familiar with the layout of the truck as far as frame goes,
but I am concerned with the noise. Could it be an airflow problem?
I have had to have the seal around the window replaced and two different
dealerships have had the door open to check for loos parts. Noone has
found any problem or has been able to venture any guess as to the problem.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? All the dealerships tell me,
"Remember, it is a 4x4 truck and it probably just doesn't like to go that
fast."

The only way that I have or getting rid of the rattling at this point is
to drive with the window down. A big problem in the rain and snow!!

Any input would be helpful.
Please feel free to reply directly to me

Sean Ryan
sryan1@ic3.ithaca.edu

Thanks