Re: Rattling noise in 96 reg cab sport 4x4

From: mahoneyr@syr.lmco.com
Date: Mon Dec 09 1996 - 08:36:41 EST

Sean; when you wrote-

> When driving highwy speeds (65 or 70 and higher) I notice a load rattling
> coming from the front drivers side door. The sound actually comes from
> the frame between the door and the windshield.

It dawned on me that maybe my problem was not a problem unique to my truck
('90 4x4 AUTOMATIC 3.9L 8ft box). For approximately 2 years I have noticed
a rattle, and for just the reason the garage told you, (its a 4x4...its not
meant to go that fast...) I just figured I would have to live with it.

My 'noise' is a little different. I don't have to be going 65+.
Anywhere over 40 will cause mine to rattle, and I have not been able to
determine exactly where the noise is coming from. It sounds to me like its
coming from between the glove box and the Firewall (but I cant get my hand
up there) It could be coming from the frame between the door and the
windshield, because I can't pin it down. My guess was that maybe a cable
harness behind the Glove Box was loose, but now you actually given me
something else to check.

and then kuk said:

>As for your rattle, tighten the window rail seats under the panels

Thanks in advance for the info and If you hear any other possibilities
please post them as will I. I'll update you if there are any updates
(If I can fix it). As for anyone else... ANY COMMENTS???

-Rick Mahoney
-Syracuse New York