Sticky accelerator pedal

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 1996 - 03:16:42 EST

Has anyone had any problems with their accelerator pedal feeling like it
wants to stick? Mine seems to be in the early stage of this. I notice
it when I apply pressure to the pedal, it feels like something is
rubbing. It's not bad -hardly noticable- but I notice small things
right away. Guess I'm "in tune" with my Dakota. Anyway, it feels to
me like the accelerator cable needs to be lubricated. If this is true,
how would I go about doing this and what should I use, some type of
grease, WD-40 or what. Right now my gut feeling is the cable but could
anything else cause these symptoms that I can check on?

I have sprayed WD-40 on the cable coming through the firewall, and on
the other end near the throttle body, but it does little good.

--
-
Michael Clark        mike@snakebite.com