TAD results

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Tue Dec 17 1996 - 10:27:54 EST

Well my recent addition of an MSD ignition and Underdrive pulleys got me the
results I was looking for!! I took the truck to Temple Acadamy Dragway
Saturday and it droped my 15.1 @ 89mph to 14.9 @ 90mph. The best part about
it is that my traction was sucking, so as soon as I take care of that
problem I should get a 14.7 or 14.8 .
     I met a bunch of f-body guys up there, some were running mid 14's and
even 15.0, So I was very pleased with my results.

     Thanks for ya'lls input on the traction bars. I picked up a cheapy
pair of Lakewoods at AutoZone for the track. They don't fit right so I need
to order some shims from Mr. Gasket. I will let yall know the results.

I did encounter another problem at the track, however. I seemed to have
developed a transmisstion problem. Its not shifting to second very
smoothly. My sincros are not lining up like they should under hard 1-2
shift at the track. Has anyone found an aftermarket manual for Dakota? Or
has anyone had thiers rebuilt. Mine was a piece of #$%! since the truck was
new (mv3500). The dealer had to replace the shift fork at 10,000.
Evidently its aluminum. I don't know if that is bad or not, but the
shifting has never been real smooth, lots of friction in the throws. So I
would like to upgrade what I have, or get ride of it altogether. Just a
thought..

Thanks again for the traction bare assistance...

------) ( Alan 94,V8,SLT,5spd,3.21,MP
SBEC,Flowmaster,SureGrip,MSD,Underdrive Pulley's ) (
(work in progress) )
( ET=14.9 @ 90.24
)
------)