Re: Isn't 4wd Great!!!

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Tue Dec 24 1996 - 11:32:34 EST

> In parting... I would never own a 2 wheel drive truck as a daily
>driver. On pickups and most other serious 4x4s(as aposed to "all wheel
>drive" vehicles) the 4x4 option while hold it's value as good or better
>then any other option you can get. So the extra cost of the 4x4 option
>is ussualy well worth what you paided for it, even if you rarely use it.
>

>Well you guys up north have snow to contend with, so I can understand your
preference for a 4 wheel drive vehicle. I used to live in Ruidoso New
Mexico and owned a 83 chevy 4x4 3/4 ton.(rough ridin sob). It was great in
the snow. Only problem, it only snowed about 3 months out of the year. The
rest of the time all it did was slow you down.
Now that I live in Texas, performance is King. I can't afford anything that
does not add horsepower. Here in the south its tough to make it through the
day without at least one stoplight challange. There is a whole smorgasbord
of Mario want-a-bees down here, driving everthing from Toyota's and Nissans
to pickups and 4-wheelers, and of course the holy grail for us Dak fans,
Mustangs and f-bodies. I just love the look on those mudstain owners faces
when they get dusted by a truck!!

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year.

Alan... 94,V8,SLT,5spd,MP SBEC,Flowmaster,SureGrip,MSD,Underdrive Pulleys
ET=14.9 @ 90.24
Alan...