Re: 97 Dakota

From: mahoneyr@syr.lmco.com
Date: Sat Jan 11 1997 - 15:56:43 EST

Rob;
I wasn't saying the Truck was a bad truck -DONT GET ME WRONG-
first of all if I am going to pay the big bucks, I'm going to
get what I want! Anyway...
1)New Studies are showing that Airbags just are not as safe as
first thought -even for Adults! however, to agree with you, some
people DO want them. Believe it or not I am one of those people.
All I want is a Switch (Not a permanent disconnect) so that I don't
need to worry when my little one is in the car but at the same time
Have it in place When any one else is riding. I agree with Edmunds on
this one. Cheap mod to make a lot of people happier
2) As for the Drive carefully comment... Thats ridiculous.. no one
ever plans on Accidents (That why they are called Accidents!)
3) and as far as the third door goes. Pure Convienience. I like the
idea. But I would like it better on a Dakota, since I'd never buy
a Chevy. Not really much to ask..
Anyway - I do like the '97 dakota but if these improvements are coming
in '98 What the Hell its only 8 months away and I'm still in the gawking
stage now anyway...
-Rick