Re: '97 with transmission? probs?

From: mahoneyr@syr.lmco.com
Date: Tue Jan 14 1997 - 07:53:06 EST

<snip>
> Has anyone else heard of or experienced problems with the auto
> transmission shifting out of overdrive when traveling 60-70 mph when a
> very slight speed change ie, moving foot on accelerator pedal just a
> little speed decrease is only 2-3 miles an hour??this happened just once
> on a trip from San Franciso to LA.

I know I sound like a broken record to the regulars on the list, but
This is a problem I have been experiencing for about 2-3 months and 5
Dealer Visits. I have a '90 4x4 3.9L automatic and I experience the
exact same symptoms with 1 minor execption. I have NO change in Throttle
and NO road grade changes (Hills) and this still happens. It just started
happening recently. In the 1st 5 years I had the truck it did not occur
but then I didn't do much Highway (70MPH) driving. I only started doing
that recently in the last 2-3 months, so this could have always been a prob.

I CAN tell you what did NOT fix the problem. 1) the SBEC 2) the EGR valve
3) A transmission tune up (oil and Filter), 4) an Engine Tune up.

BTW- What model Tranny do you have? I have an A500.
Please keep us up to date on the issue, as my problem is still unresolved.
-Rick