RE: '97 with transmission? probs?

From: Jason Bleazard (drazaelb@xmission.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 1997 - 10:14:32 EST

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, Dave Clement-LDC009 wrote:
> From: lincut@ccnet.com@INTERNET on Tue, Jan 14, 1997 4:18 AM

> >Also, in the same vein, we have an intermittant problem with, we think,
> >the transmission. It is hard to describe though. We have adequate fluid,
> >dealer and I checked it but it stays to long in first gear and the
> >engine races when it is started cold. The engine never registers the
> >racing on the tach though, very strange. These two things always occur
> >together, btw. Dealer couldn't reproduce it. Wondered if it has occured
> >with anyone else?

> The racing sound without a corrosponding rpm on the tach when starting the
> engine cold is likely the clutch on the fan not releasing the fan. This is
> not an unusal occurance when first starting the engine.
>
> Dave Clement

This seems to make sense to me. I have the same thing going on with my
'95 V6 *manual* in first and second gear. It goes away within a block.
The engine sounds like it's racing, but it doesn't show anything on the
tach. It really threw me for a loop the first time I drove the truck. I
couldn't figure out why it was making so much noise and not going anywhere
quickly.

  -- Jason Bleazard
     drazaelb@xmission.com

     Psi Corps is your friend. Trust Psi Corps.