RE: Bucking, intermittent missing

From: mahoneyr@syr.lmco.com
Date: Thu Jan 23 1997 - 16:35:31 EST

Russ.
Start with the thermostat -$1.49- and ya can doit yurself in about
45 minutes, but be sure you scrape the old gasket off of both
the Block and the thermostat housing or it might leak. I too had
this code about two months ago and I believe the temp gauge was
ALWAYS reading low since I bought the truck (6 years ago). I actually
thought it was supposed to be reading on the 'C'...
and BTW - I know that code 12 is supposed to reset after a certain
number of starts, but I've got about 8 trillion starts since the
Battery has been disconnected and I still get this code. Ignore it!
As Dave C. replied- deal with the Speed sensor issue first (after the
Thermostat surgery!)
Rick
'90 4x4 3.9L Auto (A500)
about to be trade in bait