Re: Auto ID

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 11 1997 - 05:09:30 EST

<< I have been a 5 speed man for a long time. I just purchased a 97 318
 Auto about a month ago, for trophy gettin(Most consistant wins at the
 local strip) machine. I was currious if there is an easy way to tell
 what tranny I have. I believe it is an A518, but not sure. It came
 equiped with Buckets,SG,3.92,tilt,cruise...no power stuff. Also I
 remember a thread a while back about a shift kit for the 500-518
 tranny. Could this person stepforward at the risk of repeating
 themself.

 Thanks,

 Kendall >>

On my 93 there is a tag under the hood which tells what the transmission is
and evrything else such as gearing, sure grip, ect.

I had left a message about the TCI shift kit for the A500/A518. The Part #
was TCI 220500 for the Trans-Scat Kit. I ended up ordering it from TCI at
601-224-8972 however they said it could also be ordered from places like
Jegs. I tried Jegs but they don't stock them and it would have taken 3 weeks.
Shipping and all was around $90.

I sent Jon a Text Doc about installing the kit to put on the Upgrade page but
the last time I checked it was not there ????

Bill