Re: speedo calibration

From: DesignTech@worldnet.att.net
Date: Fri Feb 14 1997 - 13:22:44 EST

if it were always 5mph over what u were actually doing, would you be really
going backwards when the speedo reads 0 mph??

this is rediculous. it has to do with the circumfrence of the stock tires.
and the difference between thatr and the tires u got on now
calculate the circumfrence(c=6.283Xradius) of the stock tirez then the
circumfrence now. divide the ones now by the stock. that will give you a
ratio. if it is 1.1 then when your speedo says 30, you r doing 33.
if it is 1.2 then you r doing 20% more than the speedo reading.
if the ratio is .9 then you r doing 10% below what the speedometer is
telling you. and so on

                -Mark ChE student