Re: Rear drop

From: Nelson Sendino (nsendino@ed.co.sanmateo.ca.us)
Date: Tue Feb 25 1997 - 22:03:39 EST

John,

If you already haven't already received any messages about this, read on.
Even if you lower the rear by 1" (leaving it at the lowest notch, closet to
the ground) your rear shocks will wear out resulting in a mushy ride. Mine
did after about 1000 miles. I haven't replaced them with drop shocks but
will when I drop the front end with 2" spindles in about 3000 more miles
after these stock Invicta pizza cutters wear out. Then I will move the bolt
on the shackle up to the highest notch to give it about a 1 1/2" drop and
get 235/60 series for the stock rims. Then it will be time for drop shocks
at all four corners. This should definitely make the truck handle better,
and won't bring it too low into the weeds.

Maybe Kuk can switch to lurker mode (or post when he feels like it) until
he can't hold out any longer, gets the Dakota R/T and works his magic on it.

-Nelson
nsendino@ed.co.sanmateo.ca.us