Re: Coolant smell...its actually...

From: Bill Countie (wgcount@husc.harvard.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 05 1997 - 09:19:53 EST

Hi All,
        I haven't dropped off the world but have started a new job as a
sound engineer. Sorry about my "Lurk mode" but I may have something on
this problem. I noticed that on snowy days the grime would splash on my
windshield. I would hit the sprayer and wipe the windshield. The washer
fluid that was added to my tank was different than my usual stuff, being
antifreeze winterized equipped, and smelled awfully like sweet grapejuice
or "Nighttrain". I used it up, diluting it when I could, and when the
fluid ran out, the smell went away. It seems that the fluid would run
into the fresh air inlet right before the windshield and get sucked in.

Cheers,

Bill Countie
(wgcount@fas.harvard.edu)
'94 Dakota Sport 5.2l 5 speed (R/T in progress)
member MML,DML, AHA, and MVHC
Beer and BBQ, yes there is civilization north of Dixie.