Re: MSD timing computer

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 08 1997 - 07:08:12 EST

<< Does anyone know what the difference is in the programmable unit and the
 manual ones with the dash mounted control knob? >>

I have the MSD multi-step retard which is set up to retard when the NOS is
triggered. I asked them the same question due to research of Jacobs Nitrous
mastermind. I bought a mastermind but did not have their ignition and it
would not work without it or a MSD box or similar. I called Jacobs and asked
if I get your ignition will evrything else work, the said "all but the
retard, the CC sbec will detect the retard and compensate for it. I did a lot
of checking and ended up at MSD and the same question, they told me "The MS
retard will work ok because the retard in done after the computer, the
computer does not see it". I am testing now but appears to be OK. I checked
it at idle with a Snap-on MT2500 tester and the timing 12 +/- and when I
triggered the thing the timing jumped to about 19 for a split second then
right back to 12 and you could here the difference in the motor. I also tried
it WOT without NOS and triggered the thing and you could feel the difference
as you did it. I will find out shortly if all is OK and let you know the
results.

Bill