RE: Mopar Performance's Muscle

From: Kraieski, Mark (Mark.Kraieski@transquest.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 1997 - 09:16:19 EST

I think the bigger issue is that there are literally hundreds of these
$5 to $300 ideas that the engineers have for each vehicle. Including all
of them could double the price. Do you put in a better exhaust or
instead put in the improved cup holders that can hold a big gulp?
Marketing has a target price and they must make the vehicle as appealing
as possible within the target price. Our priorities (performance) may
not fit the population at large. Bottom line, the list of potential
widgets need to be priced and prioritized and a line drawn that
separates those that will be done from those that won't. For those of us
with uh, er, "special needs", there will always be aftermarket
suppliers. Because a manufacturer did not include something says more
about economics and business than whether or not the manufacturer
believes that item has value or utility.

Mark
Mark E. Kraieski
Director, Enterprise Product Development
TransQuest, Inc. 404/773-8537