Re: New Member

From: Sam (samp@cts.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 1997 - 18:30:15 EST

Jeffrey Misner wrote:
*snip*
> the back of the radio. Also I don't know if it is normal or not, but when
> I first drive the truck (when it is cold out) the fan clutch sticks until
> I reach about 3000 RPM's when the clutch finally starts slipping.
> Other than those things I love the truck. It's quite quick
> (stopwatch reveals 0-60 in 10 seconds.) Around the city I'm getting

        The fan will 'stick' for the first 2-5 minutes (depending on how
cold it got overnight/day...) It's normal, so don't worry... When it
gets
90 F. outside, it might also come on (that's it's job, for when it gets
hot..) Your mileage should go up to 16-18 hwy, and city not much
better
than 12-14... To S T R E T C H your mileage, air up your tires to
the MAX. PSI (COLD)... You will notice a stiff ride, but an increase in
gas mileage...

        When available, put a NOS system on it! :) You can take it off
before you turn it in at the end of your lease! :)

        Sam '95 SLT
        "The one with the dirt in the bed, tires smoking, etc. etc."