Re: New Member

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 1997 - 18:35:29 EST

Jeffrey Misner wrote:

>. . .
>
> Other than those things I love the truck. It's quite quick
> (stopwatch reveals 0-60 in 10 seconds.) Around the city I'm getting
> around 10 MPG and the highway I'm getting around 14 MPG. I suspect that
> I'll do better once the engine is broken in more.
>
>. . .
> -Jeff (jbmisner@mtu.edu)
> 1997 Dodge Dakota Sport
> 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

Welcome to the list Jeffrey,
        That 0-60 time has me wondering. I stopwatched mine at 8.2 and thought
that was a little slow (stock except for the computer). I've heard that
the 97's are a little heavier and therefore slower. Does anyone know
for sure? What gear ration are you running? How 'bout some of you 5.2
'97 guys do a few 0-60 runs and let us know how their doing. I think
all of the pre '97 guys would like to know, so when a '97 pulls up
beside us at a stop light we can, um you know...

Anyway Jeff welcome. I think you'll find help for anything you might
need on here. We're a freindly bunch for the most part (just don't send
a 1meg image file to the list) he,he! There are '97 guys subscribing to
the list daily it seems.

Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com
93, LE, 2wd, reg. cab, SWB
5.2, Auto, Mk III