New Member

From: Jeffrey Misner (jbmisner@mtu.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 27 1997 - 18:09:23 EST

        Hello fellow Dakota owners, My name is Jeff Misner and I just joined
the list. I've been in another list for my other car (Pontiac Fiero GT)
and when I joined that list, People wanted to know about me and my ride.
I don't know if it is customary to do that on this list or not, but I'll
do it just in case.
        I leased a white 1997 Dakota Sport (Club Cab) a few weeks ago.
The only options I have is Air Conditioning (I can't remember if that is
standard), the 5.2 (318) Magnum V-8, Tilt, Cruise, and the 4-speed
automatic. The dealer (Meadowbrook Dodge in Rochester Hills, MI) also
installed a clarion cd player, an alarm, and a power sunroof. In case
anybody's wondering, the 3 year lease I got runs me $251.54 a month. I'm
a 2nd year Mechanical Engineering major at Michigan Technological
University in Houghton Michigan.
        Since I've got the truck, The antenna connection has fallen out of
the back of the radio. Also I don't know if it is normal or not, but when
I first drive the truck (when it is cold out) the fan clutch sticks until
I reach about 3000 RPM's when the clutch finally starts slipping.
        Other than those things I love the truck. It's quite quick
(stopwatch reveals 0-60 in 10 seconds.) Around the city I'm getting
around 10 MPG and the highway I'm getting around 14 MPG. I suspect that
I'll do better once the engine is broken in more. I'd like to increase
the performance, but because it's a lease I can't do anything like
modifying the exhaust or adding a supercharger. Also being a college
student, I'm pretty strapped for cash. I was wondering what kind of
improvements adding a K&N air filter would produce.
        I found out how cool dakotas were when my friend got his 1991
dakota. it only had a 3.9 v-6 but it still moved. Since he bought it he
has dropped in a 5.9 (360), powdercoated the frame, Tinted the
windows, added a sunroof, slammed the truck 4" in the back (He made his
own lowering blocks) and I think 3" in the front. He also has custom
interior and exterior neon, and a Kenwood cd player connected to the four
stock speakers and a pair of kicker tweeters and a pair of kenwood 12"
subs mounted in a custom box powered by a kenwood 500-watt amp.

Well, I don't want to make this any longer but If you have any questions
about my truck or something go ahead and either e-mail me or just post it
on the list.

-Jeff (jbmisner@mtu.edu)
1997 Dodge Dakota Sport
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT