Re[2]: valve cover gaskets

From: Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com
Date: Thu Apr 10 1997 - 14:15:42 EDT

>Yikes! Do the instructions specify how much torque?? The FSM for my '96
>say 95 in/lbs. so that is what I planned to torque 'em down to.

        Ya probably don't need to "torque 'em" per se. Usually if you just
snug 'em down that's about right. Similar to doing your plugs, ya know?
You want 'em snug but you don't want to over do it.

>Ned, get that new TBI installed so you can let me know how it works.
 I've
>gotta get some more "go-faster" parts before I go up against that
Meldrum guy.
>:^) :^) :^)

><grin>.. I talked to Jules earlier this week, and hopefully he'll be
>finishing up my TBI soon... don't worry, you and the other guys on the
>list will be first (ok, 2nd besides me) to know when the TBI is
>installed! Hmm, wasn't Sean ordering one of those too??

        Not yet but can't wait to hear about the results. Funds aren't
quite there yet for a TBI right away. I need to get a tonneau and a
Rhino liner first. Also got some ideas for body mods I want to try. Low
buck type stuff.

Sean
'97 318/5spd/3.55SG/Edelbrock-K&N FIPK clone
MSD 6A ignition awaiting install
sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com