Bashing on '97 Dakotas

From: Scott Vieth (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Thu Apr 10 1997 - 05:54:42 EDT

John wrote:

>To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu From: "John W.
>Mendell" <jacksaw@cruznet.net> Subject: 1993 Dark Blue & Etc.
>Paint
[snip]
>PS: It looks like you, who bought the 97' DAK's are doing
>Chryslers Engineering Road Testing and the Bug workouts
>(trouble-shooting) for them.
>
>Good Luck with them, their a nice looking vehical, but it's
>their 1st year out, I'll wait a couple moore years when the
>Engineering is complete and the bugs are worked out.

John:

My father is currently on his third Dakota. I've driven each one of his trucks
and my '97 is far better than any of his Dakotas. He agrees that '97s are nicer than the
models he has owned.

I don't know what problems with the '97s that you are referring to. My truck
arrived in great condition and has performed very well since day one.

Can you list some of the reasons why you wouldn't buy a '97 Dakota? I'm
curious...

-Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv

'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab, 5.2L/5-spd