Cold Air

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Fri Apr 18 1997 - 16:58:46 EDT

Most of the discussion of cold air ducts has concentrated on either hood
scoops, or tapping the wall of air piling up behind the grill. I was
wondering if anyone has considered shorter ducts from the air cleaner
to the well below the cowl grill. I'm sure there's quite a static pressure
high at the base of the windshield at even moderate speed, ducting loss
would be minimal, and I don't think you'd have to cut through a lot of
metal. There are a lot of gizmos mounted on the firewall, but most, such
as the cruise control motor, could easily be re-located. The downside is
that you're not cutting replaceable parts...

Jim
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes,
but in having new eyes." -- Proust