dakota tires

From: Frank Ball (frankb@cougar.sr.hp.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 1997 - 02:21:53 EDT

} Subject: Load Range
}
} I have the 2000# payload option, which got me the Michelin LT
} 215 75R15 tires, which have a D load rating. The only local place
} I can find tires of the same size is Sears, but these only have a
} C load rating. Not that I need it all the time, but it's nice
} to know that I can haul the occasional heavy load without worrying
} about eating tires.

LT215/75-15 Load Range D tires are scarce, but not impossible to find.
Michelin makes the LTX M/S (an excellent rain tire) and the LTX A/T in
this size/load range. The load range D tires are rated for 65 psi max.
If you will settle for load range C there are several more options
including the Yokohama Super Digger V (more offroad oriented) and the
Pirelli Scorpian I (which is the only LT tire I've seen rated for more
than 85 mph). Load range C tires are rated at 50 psi, which is all the
pressure I've needed to use so far.

} Ron, you may want to look at BFG's new Sport Truck radials. They've
} got some nice wide sizes and they're built especially for trucks.

These are "P" tires, not "LT" tires of any load range.

Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com (707) 794-4168 work
Hewlett Packard (707) 794-3038 fax (707) 538-3693 home
1212 Valley House Drive Kawi KDX200, Yamaha XT350 YZF600R Seca 750
Rohnert Park CA 94928-4999 '95 Dakota SLT Club Cab V8 5-Speed 2WD