Re: JBA headers

From: Nelson Sendino (nsendino@ed.co.sanmateo.ca.us)
Date: Mon Apr 28 1997 - 23:04:37 EDT

>Nelson:
>
>What do you think of your JBA headers? I'm thinking of ordering a
>set for my '97 Dak.
>
>Thanks.
>

>=Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv
>'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
>'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab, Magnum V8/5-spd, Gibson cat-back, FIPK-clone

Scott,

I don't know if the Y-Pipe on the 97's have crimps in it like my 95 but if
it does, I would get this replaced first if you want to go with a shorty
style header. I swear at one of the bends it narrowed down to about 1
1/2". I had a muffler shop weld me a 2" Y-pipe with mandrel bends. I
originally didn't plan on getting headers but I noticed the same increase
in hp (maybe a little more) with the JBA shorties as I did with the Y-pipe.
 I'm happy with the JBAs but should have considered DTs from the get go. A
few guys out there have DTs. Do they come with the Y-pipe? If they do I'd
go with the DT's because the Y-pipe ($250) and the JBAs ($329) combined
cost more than DTs ($450).

-Nelson